[rt-users] display message after login

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Tue Jan 27 19:26:15 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 14:40, charlycr74 at yahoo.com.ar
<charlycr74 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> I already searched on google, wiki, etc.. and I could not figure out how to do it.
>
> I have to display a specific message every time someone from specific group logs in, the best way to have it, is to display it on the home page.
>
> For example I want to display the message "Escalation phone # 123-123-1234" on the top or on the left navigation bar.
>
> I'm sure that it should be possible to do that, but I don't know how to implement it.
For certain classes of message RT::Extension::ServiceUpdates could be useful,
but it's undocumented and seems to make some assumptions about what's a good
thing to do i.e; it prevents access when a message is in place.
Apache::Motd is a
more general solution, but it sounds like you want to create a nodelet:

Make a plugin with an html/Elements/PluginName:

  <&|/Widgets/TitleBox,
      title => loc("PluginName") &>

  ... #Do stuff here

  </&>

  <%INIT>
  ... #or here, to check user group and display your message
  </%INIT>

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.