[rt-users] Using the approvals system in 3.8.2

Cassandra L. Brockett cbrockett at barracuda.com
Thu Jan 29 23:38:12 EST 2009

Okay, I've spent about two days trying to figure this out, and to be honest, the documentation isn't being very helpful...

I need to get basic approvals working for RT, I was using 3.6.7, and the upgrade to 3.8.2 erased the approvals scrips (thankfully we weren't using the approval system at the time of the upgrade)... Now however I'm trying to add approvals to a new queue, and I'm going nowhere fast...

All the documentation refers to earlier versions of RT, and I even found references online to a "New approvals system" with 3.8.2... However zero documentation on how to enable it for a queue or even just system-wide, so I'm asking for help now.

Simply put:-
1) Has anyone gotten the Approvals systems working with RT 3.8.2?  Are you willing to share how?

2) Has anyone done an upgrade from an earlier RT to 3.8.2 and managed to get approvals working?

I'm willing to believe that 1) is currently the only way to do this, so I'll need to hack at things on a test box to figure out what data needs to be input to get it working...

Any help would be appreciated... Especially as once I get this working, I'll happily update the RT Wiki approvals page with the details for getting 3.8.2 working...