[rt-users] clickable link in custom field

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 04:33:53 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Christian Loos<cloos at netcologne.de> wrote:
> Natxo Asenjo schrieb:

[knip explanation of what I would like to achieve]

> If you have example.com in the custom field and want to have a link like:
> http://example.com/webinterface/
>
> you have to put this in Link values to field:
> http://__CustomField__/webinterface/

So, I make a CF management_url. Name and description are
management_url, type is 'enter one value', applies to 'assets', no
validation, Link values is then __CustomField__ and I apply it to the
selected objects.

What I want is in to enter in the CF a url that can be clickable, like
http://ip.addres.of.switch

If I then go to the asset and enter in the CF management_url the value
http://ip.addr.of.switch then it is not clickable. If I enter
http://__CustomField__ then it does make a link but it links to
http://rtinstance.tld/AssetTracker/Asset/http%3A%2F%2F__CustomField__
and that goes nowhere obviously.

Forgive my asking, maybe it is too hot and I do not see the obvious
mistake in front of me. What am I doing wrong here?

TIA,

Natxo