[rt-users] Custom Fields not available for dashboard edit's

Kevin Gagel gagel at cnc.bc.ca
Thu Jul 2 17:02:11 EDT 2009

I'm having a problem with customfields not showing up when a user (me included) tries to change the column's available in a dashboard. The custom fields just don't show up. This started happening after I made a number of changes which included renaming the organization. I don't recall exactly what the old name was and tried a few variations but I can't seem to get those custom fields back.

I've looked at user and group rights to ensure the showcustomfield and modifycustomfields are selected. That doesn't seem to be the problem. I fear the org name change did it and I can't set it back because I don't recall the exact string I used before changing it.

So my question's are these:
1.) Would a change to the $Organization variable cause this problem?
2.) What would the query be to determine what names have been used so I can correct it?

Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
Local 5448
My blog: