[rt-users] Custom Fields per queue

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Jul 8 16:43:16 EDT 2009

We are ramping up our RT install here to provide more expanded services. I
did the original install (I seem to install this at every job I go to), but
it is now getting handed off to another manager, and, with my help, we are
adjusting it to fit a working model that he has built. I've been using RT
for years (and years.. and years.. and years..), and even encouraged the
guys here to buy the book (two copies) so as to train them on the inner
workings of the interface.

We are now at the point where we want certain custom fields for the
different queues. We have about 8 different queues that we support and we
are trying to apply custom fields to different queues. For example, we have
defined one custom field pull-down called "Priority" with several options
that we want applied to all of the queues, one custom field called "IT
Category" with a pull down of several options that we want applied to our
"Desktop Support" queue, and one custom field called "IDX Category" with a
pull down of several options that we want applied to our "Applications"
queue.

The web interface seems rather straight forward once you work through it a
couple of times, but I cannot seem to have the correct end result. Am I
missing something here?

Thanks!

-Rich

RT 3.8.4