[rt-users] RT [Transactions] failing after Fedora upgrade

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Thu Jul 9 14:46:21 EDT 2009

Jay Vlavianos wrote:
> Thanks for responding:
>
> Rpm -qa reports : perl-DBD-MySQL-4.005-8.fc9.i386

I suspect you may need to rebuild DBD::mysql and/or DBI.  This is why
yum/rpm never touches perl on my systems.  It never does anything GOOD,
it only breaks things.  Package management is fine if you never need to
install anything any other way, but if you need to touch cpan even once,
you're likely hosed after each update.