[rt-users] Precedence bulk

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Sat Jul 11 14:55:03 EDT 2009

>Is there a way not to put  `Precendence: bulk' for comments made by a ticket owner?
>Is commenting the following line the only option?
You can override the header without modifying the code base by
supplying an alternate value in your template.

> It is a horrible idea to not use the "precedence: bulk" header
> in mail generated by a program. It can trigger many problems
It causes problems either way. It's not an RFC header, and
its treatment varies widely. For instance, some poorly designed
systems take it to be equivalent to SPAM.

For this reason we use Precedence: auto-response in our templates.