[rt-users] Customers integration

Brot Stéphane s.brot at tvtservices.ch
Mon Jul 13 05:27:18 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I work at a small cable operator, about 20000 TV and 4000 internet customers. As the support team is growing, the need for a trouble ticket system is rising.

>From what I have seen in the ML archives, the customer info may be implemented in 2 ways :

 1. As a RT user and as requestor of the ticket
 2. As Custom Fields of the ticket

For now, I would go for 1 as this is how it works when submitting tickets by mail.

As support team member, when a customer calls, I want to be able to quickly open a ticket from the RT web interface. There should be a search page to fill in the requestor field, being able to search by name, street address, customer number,...

Is it possible to extend RT that much ? How hard ?

How do you use RT for the support of thousands of end users ?

Regards,

	Stéphane