[rt-users] Query Builder is case sensitive when using the content field

Lamers, Dan dlamers at elcan.com
Tue Jul 14 08:02:00 EDT 2009

I've noticed that using the query builder with the "Content" field is
case sensitive.  I've tried other queries based on fields such as
"Subject" and "Requestor" etc and they are all case INsensitive.
Looking at the mysql upgrade script, I think that Content has been
changed to longblob in RT 3.8.3 and that type is case sensitive
according to mysql documentation.  Everything I've found on the wiki
seems to imply that queries should all be case INsensitive.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour and are there suggestions for a
workaround?

Thanks,
Dan

This document (or software if applicable) may contain data whose export/transfer/disclosure is restricted by U.S. or Canadian law. Dissemination may require an export license or other authorization.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, as well as any attachments, previous e-mail messages and /or any links provided herein, is Proprietary/Confidential information belonging to ELCAN Optical Technologies, and its affiliates, and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.
WARNING: Malicious code including viruses can be transmitted via email. Although ELCAN has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no malicious code is present in this email, non-encrypted electronic transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted and manipulated therefore ELCAN does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.