[rt-users] More Owner options for Quick Ticket creation?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 14 14:54:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:49:10AM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Jerrad Pierce wrote:
> > Yes, either edit Elements/QuickCreate, or make a
> > customized version in local to override. Optionally,
> > give your variant another name to give users the option
> > of which to use.
>
> I'll have to do some more research since it looks like two different
> markup/Mason styles/systems were used.  I.E. a copy-paste from
> Create.html (CreateTicket) didn't fly.  :-(

In Create.html, the code knows what Queue you're in so it can find
users who are allowed to own tickets in that Queue.  QuickCreate
doesn't know what Queue you're going to pick, so it can't display
users unless you're granting global OwnTicket rights.  If that is the
case, you can call SelectOwner and pass it $RT::System.  If you need
to do queue level Ownership, you'll need to write some JS to populate
the owner dropdown after the Queue is selected

-kevin