[rt-users] I am unable to use LDAP

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Jul 15 05:18:14 EDT 2009

Tue 14 Jul 2009 23:01:28 GMT
Gary Greene wrote:
> On 7/14/09 2:41 PM, "Eric Chatham" <echatham at broadvox.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have had some problem getting LDAP to work on my version of RT.  I am
>> running RT version 3.8.2 and the version of RT::Authen::ExternalAuth I
>> installed via CPAN is 0.08.  RT is installed on a CentOS 5.1 OS.  I tried
>> using some examples from a Google search to try and modify RT_SiteConfig.pm,
>> but when I try to log into the RT Webpage (with an LDAP user), it fails.
>> Beforehand, I did create the user as a ³user² in RT, but left the password
>> blank.  Should I set a user up in RT first before trying to log the user into
>> RT?  Here is an example of my RT_SiteConfig.pm settings.  Everytime I try to
>> log in with an LDAP user, I get ³Your username or password is incorrect.²  Can
>> I setup a log file to track this as well?  Please help and thank you for any
>> assistance.
> [snip config]
>
> Are you using OpenLDAP, or Active Directory? The configuration you have is
> for AD and won't work for OpenLDAP.
>
> Also, if you have to bind for the directory access, you need to put in the
> complete Distinguished Name for it, eg:
>
> CN=secmanager,OU=USA,DC=broadvox,DC=local

Further to the above, you should set LogToFile, LogToFileNamed, turn off
LogStackTraces and set normal logging level to debug.. then you can
actually watch what's going on.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com