[rt-users] Strange NoAuth image problems!

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 15 12:09:22 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:39:28AM +0200, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> RT 3.8.4
> Apache 2.2
> modperl 2.0.4

(testing using 3.8.4, apache 2.2.11, mod_perl 2.0.3 and the config
specified in README)

> I realized that the images which are under /NoAuth/images were broken.
> When I tried the Image-Url directly I got:
>
> Can't locate object method "SendStaticFile" via package
> "RT::Interface::Web" at /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/autohandler
> line 6.

There was a change made to this code between 3.8.2 and 3.8.3
Make sure you don't have local customizations to RT::Interface::Web or
the autohandlers.

> Than I added "Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images"
> (from: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ApacheConfig) which gave
> me an RT Error Page for the image link.
>
> Than I found the posting "
> Custom logo broken. Does share/html/NoAuth/images/autohandler do the
> right thing?"
>
> And indeed after change the order of two "locations" and remove the
> alias. It seems now to work.

For mod_perl I use the config specified in the README

The Alias you mention above is generally only mentioned for fast_cgi
installations.  Both the SetHandler default and Alias lines try to
block Mason from interpreting images as mason files, without knowing
what error you triggered it is hard to say what caused your error.

-kevin