[rt-users] search result format setting for UpdateStatus

Anne Bennett anne at encs.concordia.ca
Mon Jul 20 12:14:13 EDT 2009

Hi, all.

I am customizing the format of the display results for searches in RT
3.8.3, using the "advanced" facility.  I see that UpdateStatus returns
"No" if there are no unseen messages for a given ticket, otherwise it
returns "Yes" as a link anchored to the first unseen message (SeenUpTo,
in the code).

This is neat, but it means that if I want to mark all messages in that
ticket as seen, I then have to go back to the top of the ticket display to
click on the link there, or else I have to instead select the "Subject"
or "ID" (default) URL from the search results, which takes me to the top
of the ticket, then from there, select "jump to the first unread message
and mark all messages as seen".  Either way, a two-step operation.

What I was hoping to accomplish is an entry in the search result format
that would allow me to mark all messages as read AND jump to the first
(until now) unread message at the same time.  I tried this:

'<a href="__WebPath__/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__&MarkAsSeen=1#txn-__SeenUpTo__">__UpdateStatus__</a>/TITLE:TEST NEW'

... but (a) I cannot find a way to refer to the "SeenUpTo" message in
that context (it comes out blank), and (b) when the answer is "Yes",
my format is ignored and I get the URL without MarkAsSeen.

Am I doing something wrong, or can what I want to do not be done?

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Sysadmin, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at encs.concordia.ca                                    +1 514 848-2424 x2285