[rt-users] Commands by Email

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Jul 23 10:56:30 EDT 2009

The extension works rather well once you get past the caveats of the
formatting.  With regard to the slimness of the documentation, it
doesn't mention those 'simple rules', which forced me to comb through
the code (which is rather clean) to determine the proper formatting
which led to the discovery that outlook has a tendency to insert blank
lines when the MIME conversion happens.

Also, the section describing how it applies to custom fields is fairly
vague.  Are the curly braces required (is that what is meant by "The
curly braces are literal") for custom field declaration?  Would a
correct example be "CustomField.{Severity}: Severity 2 - Multiple Users
Down"?  Does "AddCustomField" set the custom field, or would that be
"CustomField"?  What, if any, is the difference between AddCustomField
and CustomField?

Specifically, I have been unable to get custom fields to be applied when
testing this extension.  Everything else worked once I realized that my
mail program was getting blank lines inserted. :(

-Rich