[rt-users] Signature for Reply only

Allen allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Fri Jul 24 17:34:31 EDT 2009

> I'm looking for possibility to disable signature for comments and leave it
> enabled for replies only.

This way is working for me in 3.8.4.

Copy the distribution html/Elements/MessageBox from to the "local"
html/Elements directory. On Debian and Ubuntu, the "local" directory
(as installed by apt-get) is:

    /usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/html/Elements

In that file, you just add another condition to the spot where it
decides whether to insert a signature. The extra condition is "and
$ARGS{'Action'} ne 'Comment'"

Here is the patch:

 my $signature = '';
-if ( $IncludeSignature and my $text =
$session{'CurrentUser'}->UserObj->Signature and
-     $ARGS{'Action'} ne 'Comment'
-) {
-
-# unnecessary to have sig in comment since it's internal only and the
name of the user is attached to the transaction
-
+if ( $IncludeSignature and my $text =
$session{'CurrentUser'}->UserObj->Signature ) {
        $signature = "-- \n". $text;
 }

>From that old thread that you referenced

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/42269#42269

I think his way would also work -- copying the distribution version of
Ticket/Update.html to the "local" Ticket/ directory and then changing
line 143 from

<& /Elements/MessageBox, Name=>"UpdateContent", %ARGS &>

<& /Elements/MessageBox, Name=>"UpdateContent", IncludeSignature => 0, %ARGS &>

You will need to restart webserver for either method to take effect.

Allen