[rt-users] ModifyTicket required to close tickets?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Jul 24 18:41:53 EDT 2009

I have repeatedly found problems where people can mistakenly affect
large batches of tickets.   The answer provided by Best Practical has
been to remove ModifyTicket right from people.  So after upgrading to
3.8.4 I went ahead with this.

Now nobody can close tickets.   Yep, that's right -- can't even mark
them resolved.  Brilliant.   Obviously this is a non-op, and I had to
give the ModifyTicket right back to everyone.

BPS: what kind of patches will you accept to break ModifyTicket into
some distinct rights groups so that normal operations: close tickets,
reassign tickets, etc can be done by users, without giving them the
rights to batch modify and update hundreds of tickets?

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness