[rt-users] ModifyTicket required to close tickets?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jul 27 14:57:36 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:24:51AM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> In this case I want this given to all Privileged users.   (sorry,
> should have clarified that "user" meant Privileged user)
>
> The vast majority of our tickets remain owned by Nobody.   We only
> assign them if only one person can accomplish it.   Day to day normal
> support tickets remain unowned.  (Given that when someone owns a
> ticket, nobody else can simply reassign it to themselves without a
> multi-step process, this is how we work)

If you have StealTicket you can take it from someone in one click.

> Obviously I can change that, but forcing people to take ownership of a
> ticket (multiple steps) just to answer a customer and close the ticket
> is bad.  Never make it harder for a support person to do their job :-(

If you have TakeTicket there should be links to own a ticket in one
click.

Taking a ticket from person A and giving it to person B is indeed a
long laborious process, but grabbing a ticket to work on shouldn't be.

And, to confirm, ModifyTicket is required to resolve a ticket.
ModifyTicket has long been up for discussion for breaking into
multiple rights, but it needs to be done right and be backwards
compatible.

-kevin