[rt-users] Broke RT somehow...Help please

ravi ravi-lists at g8o.net
Mon Jul 27 16:47:05 EDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Greg Evans wrote:

> I updated some things in CentOS and now my RT is broken. I am not
> sure where to continue looking at this point. I have checked the
> error logs, access logs, etc. but I see nothing out of the ordinary.
> I am assuming that it is maybe something with Mason that I broke???
>
> When I try to access the login page the browser (Safari 4) just
> downloads a blank file to my computer. I am lost, any help
> appreciated...

Greg,

I just went through a fairly torturous procedure getting RT running
after an unintended MySQL upgrade. It would be interesting to know
what it is you upgraded in CentOS? Was it MySQL 5? Then you may need
to upgrade RT as well. OTOH, if you upgraded mod_perl or Apache, your
HTML::Mason might indeed be the issue. It looks from your last part
above that somehow the config for your Apache is not working to invoke
the FCGI or mod_perl handler for your RT installation. Are you sure
this is a blank file? Can you use wget (assuming you are on *nix
including Mac OS X) and get the full headers?

	--ravi