[rt-users] Trouble Adding Users

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jul 31 15:55:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:41:47AM -0700, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> I'm trying to add a user to RT and it's failing with the following errors in the log file.  These errors happen whether the user is added through the admin interface, or by adding them as a watcher to a new ticket.  This is on RT 3.8.4 on FreeBSD 7.2.  I tried adding users with a different name/e-mail, which also failed.  And the user doesn't already exist - if you search for the user, including disabled users, they do not appear.

Your logs point squarely at RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, not RT.
I bet you've not looked at this config option:

# If this is set to 1, then users should be autocreated by RT
# # as internal users if they fail to authenticate from an
# # external service.
Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    0);

The default setting of 0 prevents users from being created if they
don't exist in LDAP

-kevin