[rt-users] Only Plain Text Mails.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 3 08:17:40 EDT 2009

On Jun 1, 2009, at 8:18 PM, Rana Tanveer wrote:

> Hi Kavin
>

> I have tried hard to implement according to your advise. but
> unfortunately it does not work or may i did something wrong.
> http://code.bestpractical.com/bps-public/rt/3.8/trunk/docs/templates.pod
>
> can you please give me some exact example so that i use that with
> little modification.
>
> I have spent 10 hours for this task to sent mails in text/html.

You appear to have missed the important part of that URL

=item Content-Type: text/html

The special header "Content-Type: text/html" tells RT that the
template should
be parsed as HTML. RT will automatically make the outgoing message
multipart.
That way, recipients who can read only plaintext email will receive
something
readable, while users with clients which can display HTML will receive
the full
experience. Please be aware that HTML support in mail clients varies
greatly,
much more so than different web browsers.

We welcome contributions of HTML-ization of builtin templates.

=back

You didn't provide examples of what you tried, which makes it difficult
to tell you what broke.

-kevin