[rt-users] RT 3.8.2 -> 3.8.3 Update/Changes

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 3 15:28:50 EDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2009, at 5:30 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>> Yes, there is a database upgrade involved.
>
> $ rt-setup-database --action upgrade --datadir etc/upgrade/3.8.3
> (snip)
> Enter RT version you're upgrading from: 3.8.2
> No DB changes between 3.8.2 and 3.8.3
> Done.

/tmp/rt-3.8.3$ /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade
Enter RT version you're upgrading from: 3.8.2

Going to apply following upgrades:
* 3.8.3

Enter RT version if you want to stop upgrade at some point,
   or leave it blank if you want apply above upgrades:

I don't think you're doing this from a tarball,
you're trying to do it from the installed directory.

It gives you an even more specific command to run
at the end of the output from make upgrade

-kevin