[rt-users] RT-3.8.3, RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08 login issue

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Jun 4 04:27:51 EDT 2009

Wed 03 Jun 2009 19:24:45 GMT
Matt Millard wrote:

I'm gonna keep this brief:

1. Remove ldap:// from the server URI, I don't know off the top of my
head if it would work or not, but it certainly works without it.

2. As per the README, the ExternalAuth settings need to be pasted into
your normal RT_SiteConfig.pm. If you leave them in the example file in
the plugins directory, they will not be read.

3. You have a dead line in your config:
Set(ExternalAuthPriority,['My_LDAP','My_MySQL','My_Oracle','SecondaryLDAP','Other-DB']);
Set($ExternalAuthPriority,['My_LDAP']);

Kill the first one.

4. The stack trace for the Failed Login message is of no use. You need
to enable debug logging, and log to file. This will give you very
verbose output as to precisely what is happening with the LDAP side of
things.

Have fun.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com