[rt-users] Ticket Dependencies within Template

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Thu Jun 18 09:28:11 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I can't seem to get this right.  I have a template that creates a series of child tickets that I want to be interdependent based on the value of one or more custom fields.  Everything is working very well, save for actually creating the dependencies... here's a bit of the relevant code:

{{{
===Create-Ticket: StepNetwork

.
.
.

Depended-On-By: {
  my $objDepTicket;

  $objDepTicket = $Tickets{'StepTelecomm'}->Id() if ($strPre eq 'Yes');
  $objDepTicket = $Tickets{'TOP'}->Id() if ($strPre eq 'No');

  $objDepTicket;
}

.
.
.

===Create-Ticket: StepTelecomm
}}}

I've tried this various ways... I can't quite figure out how to reference the other tickets being created... or the parent ticket (aka TOP) for that matter... I've also tried the following unsuccessfully:

{{{
Depended-On-By: {
  my $objDepTicket;

  $objDepTicket = 'StepTelecomm' if ($strPre eq 'Yes');
  $objDepTicket = 'TOP' if ($strPre eq 'No');

  $objDepTicket;
}
}}}

Can anyone clue me in, please?...