[rt-users] rt-shredder - quicker method?

Timothy Arnold timothy.arnold at uksolutions.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 12:32:30 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I've got an RT system (3.8) with a database 50G, and around 500k of tickets. I'm using rt-shredder to delete tickets older than 2 years, and it's taken about 2 days to delete around 20k. I estimate it will take around 30 days to complete.

Is there any way to speed up the process? I toyed with the idea of deleting the tickets manually and using rt-validator to correct the database but I feel this might be a step too far...?

Thanks
Tim

Timothy Arnold
Senior Engineer, Operations (Network, Security & Facilities Group), UKSolutions

Telephone: 0845 004 1333, option 2
Email: timothy.arnold at uksolutions.co.uk
Web: http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/
UKS Ltd, Birmingham Road, Studley, Warwickshire, B80 7BG Registered in England Number 3036806
This email must be read in conjunction with the legal & service notices on http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/disclaimer