[rt-users] RT 3.8.4 on FreeBSD 7.3: LDAP_SYNC_INFO Missing

Matthew Seaman matthew.seaman at thebunker.net
Mon Jun 29 15:42:08 EDT 2009

Tim Gustafson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get RT up and running on a fresh new FreeBSD 7.3 VM.  I've installed the FreeBSD RT ports, including rt-3.8.4 and p5-RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08_1.  I'm configured for LDAP integration and I can get to the home page, but when I go to log in, I get these in my error log:
                                                             ^^^
Can I borrow your time machine?

> ----------
> Apache2::RequestIO::rflush: (53) Software caused connection abort at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 1020 (/usr/local/bin/webmux.pl:165)
>
> "LDAP_SYNC_INFO" is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/LDAP/Intermediate.pm line 10 (/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/Carp.pm:46)
> ----------
>
> After I get that error message, if I do a "ctrl-reload" in Firefox to re-post my login request to the server, it does let me in.  So, it seems that the missing LDAP_SYNC_INFO either comes and goes, or is not needed for every request.
>
> In addition to the trace back that comes up in my browser when I get the two errors listed above, I also occasionally get this error in my browser, accompanied by another ""LDAP_SYNC_INFO" is not exported" in the server log:
>
> ----------
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Net::LDAP::Search" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/LDAP.pm line 257.
> ----------
>
> I found one thread on Google that talks about this problem from February, but that thread did not offer a conclusion.  I also used Google to search the RT archives for "LDAP_SYNC_INFO" but came up empty-handed.
>
> I did a cvsup of my ports tree and re-installed (via portupgrade) RT and the ExternalAuth module just to be sure I didn't his a transient bug, but I'm still getting those errors.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this bug for me?

It's a bug in Net::LDAP -- has been reported to the Perl package maintainer, and
he came up with a fix which he said would be part of the next release.  However,
that release hasn't happened yet.  In the mean time, try replacing

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Net/LDAP/Constant.pm

with the attached version. (or 5.8.9 if that's the version of perl you're using)

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew Seaman                     The Bunker, Ash Radar Station
PGP: 0x60AE908C on servers            Marshborough Rd