[rt-users] *sigh* unable to get Plugins to work

Dhrakar bastille at acsalaska.net
Mon Mar 2 17:18:31 EST 2009

Gary Greene-4 wrote:

>> > Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Authen::ExternAuth))); I get the error:
>>
>> I'm don't know enough about Perl to know if it'll matter, but
>> I noticed you have more parentheses than me.  I have:
>>
>> Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth));
>>
>> no opening ( before the qw.
>
> Yes, this is your issue, since what you're passing with the extra
> parenthesis is an anonymous function instead of the string scalar entry
> for append to the Plugins array for inclusion.

Thanks Rob and Gary ...  Not only were the extra parentheses an issue, but
the fact that I had spelled the module 'ExternAuth' instead of
'ExternalAuth' was definitely an issue :-P  The module loads now, so I can
actually work on configuring it (we're using an OS X OpenDirectory server to
feed it with LDAP info).

Regards,
  Derek