[rt-users] HTML Displayed by default if exists RT 3.8.0

Dhrakar bastille at acsalaska.net
Mon Mar 2 19:12:59 EST 2009

Aaron Guise wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a question regarding the Ticket History,  At the present time when
> viewing the ticket history it shows the content matching text/plain by
> default.  What ideally I would like to do is have it display the text/html
> version if it exists.  i.e emailed from outlook with s table,  it is
> stupid
> but our users seem to love these things.  But I can see the definite
> benefit
> in having the info in a table also.
>
> Any ideas whether;
> 1. This is possible?
> 2. Where should we look?
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Aaron

Hi Aaron,
 I've been thinking about this for a bit as well (users have asked me) and
it looks like if you could flip the MIME type that is stored in the
attachments table to text/html then this would work.   When a file is
attached, I think that it is processed by
$RTHOME/share/html/REST/1.0/ticket/comment.  That then appears to use
MIME::Entity to pick a mimetype.

  However, I'm also wondering if the setting of text/text for HTML files is
on purpose to prevent opening up a security hole.  That is, if a user can
attach an arbitrary HTML file, what's to stop them from attaching a new form
or whatnot and bypass the built-in RT security?  If a mason file was
attached and then served, would it process the mason?

Derek