[rt-users] 382 Shredder deleting tickets and attachments?

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 08:25:01 EST 2009

On 27 Feb 2009, at 6:36 pm, Paul Hirose wrote:

> So should rt-shredder *NOT* be used?  Should the instructions in the
> wiki be used instead?
>
> Separately, how do I delete Reminders?  After I deleted all tix (or
> so I thought), I still had a couple Reminders in the DB.  Should
> Reminders get deleted along w/Tix as well?

I've found shredder reasonably reliable for deleting tickets.  I've
found it to be much less reliable for deleting users... I'd quite like
to clear out all of the users which get created for spam tickets which
make it through, but I've had some difficulty.  I'd have thought the
following procedure should work, in theory:

1)  Set status of spam tickets to deleted
2)  Use shredder to permanently remove tickets which are marked
deleted (which works fine)
3)  Use shredder to remove those users who are not associated with any
tickets (i.e. the no_tickets option to the users plugin)

This last step is where it falls down.  I've tried it, and for some
reason it still ends up deleting some tickets, which rather suggests
that the no_tickets rule in the users plugin doesn't quite work
properly.  I  haven't yet found the time to hunt down the reason
though, I'm afraid,

Tim