[rt-users] Best configuration to service more than one organization

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 4 13:46:57 EST 2009

Steve,

	I think it depends on how many users you're going to have. If there
will be hundreds and hundreds per group/organization, then maybe
seperate instances. We have hundreds of users, but no more than 70 for
one particular group/organization, so we just create different queues
for the different support organizations and they all have their own set
of Queue managers (AdminCc Watcher) which (are the only users that) have
the rights to set up their own procedures, protocols, privileges, and
scrips/templates. We also have our own version of Approvals, which we
believe is a bit simpler than RT/Approvals/Workflow.
	Another thing to consider is the technical support would be multiplied
by how many instances you have, as well.

Kenn
LBNL