[rt-users] Sending a notification from a scrip custom action

change+lists.rt at nightwind.net change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Wed Mar 4 15:22:36 EST 2009

How would I send a notification using a template from within a scrip
custom action?

The users for one RT instance I'm setting up wants to allow
correspondence on existing tickets via email, but not allow new tickets
to be created by email (there are some important mandatory custom fields
they want the user to fill out in the web interface).  I've changed the
default autoreply-on-create scrip to only reply for tickets not created
by email, and set up a new scrip that will check for new tickets created
by email and delete them.  I want it to also send a notification to the
ticket creator advising them to use the web interface instead.

(If there's a better way to do this, I'm open to ideas)