[rt-users] Scrip and custom field Help

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 5 17:41:41 EST 2009

Chris,

	Why in the world do you have a Custom Field named the same as a RT
Ticket field? To me, that would create a bit of confusion when someone
would discuss the values in the two fields. I wouldn't know which one
they are talking about, the Custom Field or the Ticket field. Also, if
the RT Ticket Status field says resolved, then the ticket IS closed and
any other iteration would be redundant. We have a Custom Field called
"Work-State" which allows for more granularity when IN a particular
status. For example, the TIcket Status may be "open", but the work is
"On Hold" or "In progress" or "Unit Testing", etc. That way, we have a
Ticket Status telling us what is going on with the "Ticket" and a
Custom Field telling what step the actual "work" is on. Just a thought.

Kenn
LBNL