[rt-users] De-normalized RT Views

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 5 17:50:09 EST 2009

To all,

	We have found that the RT Query tool doesn't allow certain type of
searches we would like to have. SO we created some de-normalized views
that allow us to use SQL Plus or SQL Navigator, etc. as a tool to access
our RT ticket data. We are on Oracle, so I'm not sure if the code to
create these views will be helpful to anyone else, but I'll share them
with anyone interested. Also, I'd like to put them in the wiki for RT,
but I've never been there and would need some instruction on how to do that.
	Also, for those who have been looking for ways to convert from one
ticketing system to RT, we have written a program in Perl to do just
that. It uses the API, so that all relevant table records are updated in
RT. Again, we use Oracle, so this may not work for you, but the logic
and process should. All you would have to do is change the syntax and
any environmental setups so the program would work for you and you've
got it. Anyone interested in that?

Kenn
LBNL