[rt-users] Adding stuff to the RT wiki

Rob Munsch rob.munsch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:04:02 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Kenneth Marshall <ktm at rice.edu> wrote:

>> absolutely nothing to me. I have no idea what a CamelCaseNameOfNewPage
>>
> It will create the new page but there can not be non-word characters.
> For example, I used "PostgreSQLFullText" for my page on full-text

That's camel case - text convention meaning "turning a phrase or
sentence into one word with no spaces and capitalizing each word."
Humps in the middle, hence camel.  So if you'd want to make a page
about converting legacy data to RT, you might call it
ConvertLegacyToRT or something like that.

As you can see from some of the update history, my method for adding
things to the wiki was to look up the
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/KwikiFormattingRules listed at the
bottom, then made my edits, saved, looked askance at my formatting
errors, edited it again, saved it again, lather rinse repeat until it
looked right.  The only risk i can see is that you show up several
times in a row in the edit history, revealing our lack of wik-fu to
all.

--
/chown -R us:us /yourbase