[rt-users] Email and LDAP authentication problems or rather issues

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Mar 11 08:48:08 EDT 2009

Steven McDonald wrote:
> Mike Peachey wrote:
>> Steven McDonald wrote:
> Hi Mike
>
>    Thanks that would be useful to us. We also discovered the module
> AutoCreateAndCanonicalizeUserInfo which looks like it was created to
> solve this problem against an Active Directory. We are looking to see if
> we can make use of this to solve our issue.

You may well be able to. It is the same basic functionality that will be
integrated into ExternalAuth, but in a different way. The main issue is
the LoadByEmail bit. Currently EA doesn't overlay any of the e-mail
stuff and so e-mail only works for accounts that already exist in RT.

Good luck.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com