[rt-users] Problem Tools, Reports Postgres 3.8.2

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Fri Mar 13 10:17:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 02:10:08PM +0000, Kristian Davies wrote:
> > It does sound like something is missing because I am running
> > PostgreSQL 8.3.5 and did not have to make these changes. I do have
> > a question, why are you converting your RT instance to MySQL? Is
> > there a particular problem you are trying to address?
>
> No technical reason, we are a essentially a mysql house and we have
> two services which are based on Postgre, one of which is RT.  RT was
> originally converted from MySQL when we where investigating our
> flavour of choice and the decision has long since been made.
>
> -Kristian

Thank you for the information. I was hoping that it was something
like that. Stick with your areas of expertise to reduce support
costs. We are more the other way here with more PostgreSQL than
MySQL. What is your plan to provide redundancy/business continuity
for your RT instance and what does MySQL for handling full-text
searching? We are trying to evaluate possible options for some
new MySQL instances and any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ken