[rt-users] Advice for New Machine

John Arends jarends at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 13 16:16:11 EDT 2009

Gary Greene wrote:
> I would go CentOS for the machine if you're a RH person, since it is
> practically the same thing, and there are more than a few of us CentOS
> users running RT with our own RPMs.

What version of RT are you running on top of CentOS? With 3.8.2 there
are so many dependencies it seems to be a near impossible task to build
RPMs for all the required perl modules. I've been playing with the
script included with RT and it does a pretty good job of pulling
everything down from CPAN and installing it.