[rt-users] Acces denied linking to other ticket

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 18 12:45:16 EDT 2009

Guadaagnino,

    I had that same problem myself. I wanted people in one queue to be
able to link to tickets in another queue, but at the same time, I DIDN'T
want them to have the "ModifyTicket" right to the other queue because
they couldn't own it and work on it (I hate when 10 different people can
mess with tickets in another queue. No control at all.). The answer was
the configuration "StrictACL". If it is turned on ($StrictACL, 1) then
you HAVE to grant "ModifyTicket" to people who are not normally working
on tickets in the queue you want to link to. Turning OFF that config
($StrictACL, 0), allows users to link their tickets from 1 queue to
another WITHOUT the "ModifyTicket" privilege in the linked queue. So
this might do it for you. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL