[rt-users] Getting the following Error on deleting "ObjectCustomFields" table from RT d/b

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Thu Mar 19 12:52:44 EDT 2009

Jnaneshwar Bantanur wrote:
>> Hello ..After I tried to delete the rough data which I have put Just to
>> evaluate RT.After Deleting Users,Queues,Groups and Attachments After
>> Deleting the data from table "ObjectCustomFields".I am getting this

Do NOT go into the database and muck around with it by deleting records
directly and what not.  As you have learned, by doing so you have destroyed
the referential integrity of the database.

You will need to simply drop the database and recreate it from scratch, as
if you were just installing it for the first time.

If you want to purge tickets from the database, use the "shredder" in the
web interface.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117