[rt-users] Transferring CustomField Values from old to new on all tickets in a queue

Venkateswaran, Subbaraman Subbaraman.Venkateswaran at blackrock.com
Fri Mar 20 10:42:58 EDT 2009

We are using RT 3.6.4 and what we are trying to do is to synchronize
custom field across all queues and basically have one unique custom
field and type. Currently we have some CFs with the same name and
different types dupe'ed across all the queues. Is there a way we can
script around to move all the values from oldCF to new CF on all tickets
in a Queue ?

> For e.g.:
> CF Name XYZ, Type: Enter multiple values
> CF Name XYZ, Type: Text
> Move all the values on XYZ(enter multiple values) to the CF XYZ(Text)
> on all tickets in a Queue.
>
> Once this is done we will disconnect the old CF XYZ(Enter multiple
> values) from the Queue.
>
> Thanks for your help

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT MAY BE PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any printout thereof.