[rt-users] automatic merging of tickets based on Message-Id and Subject header

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Fri Mar 20 15:58:12 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 14:27, Paul Vlaar <paul_vlaar at isc.org> wrote:
> I've done a only minimal google search for this, so feel free to hit me
> with the clue-bat, but I was wondering if it's possible for RT to
> automatically merge tickets based on Message-Id. For example when these
> criteria are met:
>
>  1) the In-Reply-To header references the previous message's Message-Id
>
>     header. The previous message was sent by RT.
>
>  2) the subject header in my response to RT is a substring of the
>     subject header of the previous message.
>
> Is there a setting to make this sort of behaviour work?
Not in core. But it's definitely come up before, and I could have sworn I'd
seen and bookmarked something on the wiki for it... However, no luck
checking bookmarks or in quick search of wiki or Gossamer threads list
archive (generally provides better results since RT is a common substr)

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.