[rt-users] Using CLI to modify group rights on a queue - is it possible?

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Mon Mar 23 03:06:39 EDT 2009

Jan Vlčinský wrote:

> Hi
> I would like to grant group rights on specific queues using CLI to be
> able to process the task in a batch.
>
> Using RT 3.8.2 on MySQL.
> RT shall categorize communication and tickets for 25 buildings and
> each has economical and technical part,which shall live separated.
> * One option was to use custom variable (building reference) with
> technical and another economical queue,
> * Another option was to use separated queues, for each building two,
> one for technical and another for economical tickets.
>
> We decided for the other - resulting in 50 queues
>
> Then I run into problem, that there are about 24 rights of a group on
> a queue to assign. Using GUI it is a lot of clicking which might take
> some time, contain mistakes and can be repeated, if the assignment of
> rights changes.
>
> I tried using CLI. I am able to create a queue, change it (name and
> basic parameters).
>
> However, I did not find, how to grant or revoke rights.

I have two scripts exactly for this purpose. The first removes each and
every right from queues, groups and globally and then the second sets a
program defined set of rights on queue, groups and globally. I was going
to post this to the wiki once I was finished testing and ran it through
our production db of RT but something bigger and more important came in
the way. If I have some time today or tomorrow I'll, try, to post a
first draft to the wiki on how to use it. Most is probably self
explanatory.

Greetings,

Joop