[rt-users] Is it possible to rename the rt database?

gordon at cryologic.com gordon at cryologic.com
Mon Mar 23 03:10:30 EDT 2009

We currently have two instances of rt-3.6 (production and testing)
running on the same pc. One is handled by mod_perl and the other by
FastCGI. This has worked fine with separately created databases.

Recently I made a copy of my production database and renamed it from rt3
to rt3-eval. This rt3-eval database mostly works with my test rt3 except
that a lot of links (MyTickets on RT at a glance etc) all point back to
my production site. If I manually enter the correct test web address the
tickets display correctly. I have cleared the mason cache and restarted
the webserver.

Is the web path stored in the database? Is there any way to correctly
rename a database?

thanks
Gordon