[rt-users] [Rt-devel] Altering a new ticket's subject

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Mon Mar 23 12:43:20 EDT 2009

Returning conversation to list...

>>> I'm basically trying to tag ticket subjects (on creation) with pieces
>>> of information related to the ticket requester.
>>>
>>> So if a ticket comes in from person X (identified by their email
>>> address), I can tag the subject
>>> line with a few tidbits of information about them.
>> Right... Any reason you can't just insert a new header with your info?
>> Any semi-decent MUA will still allow you to search and filter on them.
> (I think) ultimately, the subject line changes are intended to make
> the ticket listings in RT a little more helpful.
>
> The actual email side of things isn't so important.

I see. Our solution is to direct most users to a web form, and use REST
to submit the ticket. The submitting code then prepends the user's real
name and address to the subject. Of course, it sounds like you want to
do this with mail messages.

If all else fails, you could do it via cron :-P

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.