[rt-users] TransactionObj OldValue is not working for me

slamp slamp slackamp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:51:15 EDT 2009

I have the following in my resolve scrip that I borrowed from the
site. I added the $self->TransactionObj->OldValue ne "autoclose"
portion but it does not seem to be working. Can anyone help? Basically
I don't want to get this notification if the status old value was set
to autoclose.

Condition: User defined
Action: Notify Ccs and Requestors
Template: Global resolved

Custom condition:

my $result = undef;

if ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Status" &&
    $self->TransactionObj->OldValue ne "autoclose" &&
    $self->TransactionObj->NewValue eq "resolved")
{
    my $trans_list = $self->TicketObj->Transactions;
    my $trans;
    my $num_resolved = 0;

    while ($trans = $trans_list->Next)
    {
        $num_resolved++ if ($trans->Ticket == $self->TicketObj->Id) &&
                           ($trans->Type eq "Status") &&
                           ($trans->NewValue eq "resolved");
    }
    $result = ($num_resolved <= 1);