[rt-users] Using RT in a large organization (thousands of users)

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Mar 25 03:44:54 EDT 2009

On 24 Mar 2009, at 8:16 am, Peter Dole wrote:

> Hi,
> In the BestPractical web site, RT is described as "RT is a ticketing
> system
> for small- to medium-sized organizations".
>
> I'm working on a helpdesk ticketing / workflow solution for a large
> organization - thousands of users, some of them are technical, most
> of them
> are your average PC user (not IT people).

We use RT not just for our internal support (which is about 1000
users, many of whom are not IT literate) but also for answering
questions submitted through our website.  Currently there are just
over 10,000 users registered on the system.  We don't process that
many tickets though; a couple of hundred a day is typical.   It
handles this load trivially; I haven't had to make any of the
performance improving tricks like running the database and web front
end on separate machines, yet.

Tim