[rt-users] Masson --> Permission denied

Terence Monteiro terence at deeproot.co.in
Wed Mar 25 05:03:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 09:34:04AM +0100, Alberto Villanueva wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> mkdir /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/obj/2362954981: Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/HTML/Mason/Compiler/ToObject.pm line 107
>
> My mason directory is that, and the group's user is "www". I have tried to
> change to "apache" user, but that user doesn't exist. Do I have to create
> it? If the user existed, I didn't remove :( :(

Are you using the Apache web server to run RT? You should set the
directory owner as www or www-data. If nothing works, try setting the
permission to 777 on the mason_date/obj directory, but for security,
better to change it back to 2750 once you have determined which user RT
runs as and set the owner and group appropriately.

--
Regards, Terence.
http://www.deeproot.in