[rt-users] purging dead tickets

Josh Greenberg josh at pha.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 26 08:56:24 EDT 2009

I am in the middle of a rt2 to rt3 migration and I was wondering if its
possible to purge all the dead tickets from the database easily. I'm
sure I could perform a query that would find dead tickets in the Tickets
table but I doubt that would get rid of all the other references to
those tickets in other tables. I ask because more than half of our
database is dead tickets sent in by spammers in the days before we had a
good spam filter. It would be nice to trim it down to a reasonable size.
Ideally, I'd like to get rid of all the users that are associated with
these tickets as well. Is there a nice clean way to do this? Thanks.

Josh