[rt-users] Changing appearance and UI elements

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Thu Mar 26 12:15:52 EDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:41:45 +0000, "Hiro Protagonist"
<hir0pr0tagoni3t at googlemail.com> said:
> Is there a document or HOWTO that describes how certain user elements
> can be changed on the screens (e.g. hiding a dropdown box from view,
> changing the names of labels from "request" to "ticket") ?
> I have looked through the documentation but couldn't find anything
> related to this subject. Are these changes made in a configuration file
> somewhere or would the code have to be changed ?

Hiro (Greatest Swordfighter in the World) Protagonist,
Take a look at http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CleanlyCustomizeRT
Though each page isn't documented, you can copy the pages you want to
change into the /path/to/rt/local/html directory and make changes there
(be sure to wipe out the Mason cached pages in
/path/to/rt/var/mason_data after every change so it will load the new
page content).  Note that when you do this, if you upgrade RT you'll
want to copy the new pages over to local and apply your edits again to
incorporate any updates/fixes.