[rt-users] Error with RT::Authen::ExtenalAuth against Active Directory W2k3

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Thu Mar 26 12:52:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:18:14 -0600, "Max León" <mleon at wirewatchers.com>
said:
> Thanks for your reply, I'll try that right away, but I might have
> misunderstood the concept here.  Isn't possible to keep both authentication
> methods at the same time, check DB and if fails go to the AD?
> I mean, that will be heaven so you can deal with customers both internal
> and external.

I think you might be misunderstanding what the "DB" portion of
ExternalAuth does.  It does not utilize RT's internal authentication
which looks up users in RT's database, it allows you to look up
authentication information in a different SQL database.  With
ExternalAuth, if you only have LDAP configured and the LDAP auth lookup
fails then RT will fall back on its internal authentication and look up
internal users.