[rt-users] Error with RT::Authen::ExtenalAuth against Active Directory W2k3

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Thu Mar 26 13:37:15 EDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:32:53 -0600, "Max León" <mleon at wirewatchers.com>
said:
> Now, I did what you asked me to and well, that the error went away but I
> have a new one.
> Here it is what the browser displays:
> Can't call method "as_string" on an undefined value at
> /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
> line 398, line 514.

Ensure that you have valid LDAP search parameters defined for 'base',
'filter', and 'd_filter'.  In my configuration, I don't need to narrow
down the search any more than what I defined in my LDAP search base, so
I set 'filter' to '(objectClass=*)' and 'd_filter' to
'(objectClass=ThisWillNeverMatch)'.